Friday, October 4, 2013

Catherine Ryan Hyde

I have found a new author to read. Catherine wrote Pay it Forward and since I am a big fan of the concept I was delighted to find she has written plenty of other books. I'm reading one on my Kindle at the moment about Inspiration.

It is based on metaphors taken from hiking.

She hikes.. and man does she hike.. Like the Grand Canyon type of hiking ... it sounds like it is her main pass time.. and it makes sense that you can draw inspiration from the achievements of Hiking up hills.

There is no way I would like to do that , but I can understand that pushing herself past being uncomfortable has given her joy and taken her to many places you cant get to except on foot.

 the chapter I am on at the moment is about doing what you say you will do and then again when the need arises being realistic enough to not do it when it is not in your interests.

I don't like making plans for things that will never happen, and I hate hearing about what people are GUNNA do.. Its so much better hearing what they Have Done. So I can understand that it is better to do what you say you will do, so that you can be seen as a doer not a dreamer. and to be able to know in yourself that you will achieve what you set out to.

No comments:

Post a Comment