Thursday, September 26, 2013

random stitching

I've been crocheting my fingers off lately. I'm making another baby rug, but this one does not have a home to go to yet. It may be finished in a couple of weeks at the rate I'm stitching. People seem to like the photos I've posted of the work in progress.. and that lifts my heart. I'll have to upload them from home I think so I can keep a running record here.

The growth of the rugs is phenomenal. They start as balls of wool and a hook. and quickly become this lovely thing that surrounds you with love. There is plenty of love stitched into them, especially when I know who they are going to before I start them.

I've done two for Cyrus ( didn't know which to give them so I gave them both) one for Scarlet  (all variegated wool) and one for Julia. Her baby is not due til November though. ( the squares with the white surround )

The rug I'm on now is made from rounds which are squared off with white and stitched into the rug on the white round. It has been great fun to make the colours clash and try to keep the rounds in the rug so they are not repeated and not too many of any one colour together. I'm at 12 x 13 rows now and running out of white, so i will have to see if I can get more the same or stop adding squares.

It is quite foreign to me to make things clash.. and I am loving it.

my next rug may be a softer, simpler design, for a friend, that will take no time at all to run up. Or it might be a riot of colour.. I'll have to wait and see.










No comments:

Post a Comment