Sunday, November 24, 2013

Fine China

I visited the home of an elderly lady today to pick up some things for her while she is in hospital. She is a friend of a friend. I am dismayed to say she has not been looking after herself, apparently for quite a while, and her home is a mess.

My friend and I fervently hope that she will be forced to go into care now this has all come to light. There she will eat, and be showered regularly!. More than likely she will need dementia care. 

So sad. She is about 84 and lived on her own, but would have been a candidate for the show 'Hoarders' It is horrible when an elderly person is in need, but they don't ask for help because they don't know they need it. 

Although I am certain she did the right thing my friend was concerned that the lady was not going to be happy she had initiated this. (we just said it was the doctor's decision, over and over, and eventually she got it.)

G's house is full of the most wonderful things.. a piano that runs on rolls, pictures of family and pets past and present. Ornaments and china (TWO china cabinets full to over flowing) there is a lovely conservatory off the lounge. The unit is totally private. There is sheet music everywhere, and magazines, records and tapes. 

I hope she is able to take some of it with her to wherever she ends up living. 

No comments:

Post a Comment