Saturday, July 27, 2013

Full of life

Our house has been full of life the past couple of days. Chloe And Vanessa have come to visit. We have had adventures and good food, going to Shannon yesterday to visit Owlcatraz. And today to the riverside car park fruit and vegetable market in Lower Hutt. At Owlcatraz I rediscovered my love of owls and met a lovely cockatoo called Joey.

 I took quite a few photos and finally was able to photograph a real wild owl. They have 6 captive Ruru in the owl house, but since it was daytime they were all asleep. You are not allowed to photograph in the owl house, understandably.  The girls were very good. They enjoyed the animals even though most were familiar to them since they live on a farm. There was another family there with a mum and three including a baby in his pram and V&C helped look after the girls. Feeding the eels and ducks was fun, and watching the kunekune pig eat her bread. 

The ostrich was pretty odd. I only photographed her head because being behind a large gate she was hard to see. Surely they are only one step up from a dinosaur.

All in all I think Joey was my favourite bird. 35 years old and not shy of saying "want some.." So he would be fed some of the people's lunch. He had noodles and lettuce. 

The girls and Sean have gone to the park but my chest is sore with a cough so I stayed home and put the dinner on. I didn't want to aggravate it at all. 


I'm looking forward to the others coming home. The house will again have the sweet sound of love and laughter .


This is Joey.


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment