Monday, July 29, 2013

What to do in a day? Love the little things.

I have today off work in lieu of some time I put in after last weeks earthquakes. I feel like a bit of a fraud since I didn't do all that much extra time or work but I'm not fool enough to turn down a day off. In fact I think I will take time off more often I have been thoroughly enjoying myself.

We had my birthday and then had the girls stay for a few days and today I have to myself. I am blessed to have two friends to share the day with too. I think Wendy and I may catch up for a chat shortly, and this morning I saw Elizabeth, while I took her PC up to be cleaned of its nasty bug. Thankfully she wont be without it for long.

I am amazed at how many rugs Elizabeth has made to send to Christchurch to comfort anyone that needs it, since the 2011 earthquakes. These are not small rugs mind you. There is hours and hours of work involved and they are the classic granny squares with black surrounds. I believe the current rug is on its way to Christchurch this week. So inspiring. I've only made three rugs to give away,all int he last two years, and they have all been to Sean's family's new babies. I trust they will get good use out of them. I'm getting right into the current one, and have been surprised how quickly it is growing but I will hold off posting photos until later.  My cousin's baby is not due for a while yet.

The weather is great.. chilly but clear and calm. I have to get off here and go plant the iris's and two other plants, whose names I do not recall, that Elizabeth gave me to bring home. Then off to walk the dogs or catch up with Wendy, what better way is there to spend a day.?

Later this evening..

Well the day got better and better. Coffee and a walk with Wendy, and Elizabeth came round to see the garden. And I read the INSTRUCTIONS on the olloclip box and discovered that the way I was using the macro lens was all wrong. Learning how to use it correctly has opened up a whole new world. I posted a few photos to Bedlam Farm's Open Group.on Facebook. and my status .. I think I am addicted to macro. "Love the little things"


No comments:

Post a Comment