Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bleak is beautiful

I posted these photos on the misfits page this week. I hesitated to do it because they are quite dark and devoid of colour. I was pleasantly surprised by the comments they received. They seem to have evoked some memories or emotions in the people that commented. What more can I ask?











When the dogs and I set out on our adventure I was looking for colour. It is not spring yet so really the only natural colour was in camellias and the few rhododendrons on the hills and in gardens along the way round the bays.












So I gave up and went to the Days Bay wharf.  The water is so calm, yet another surprise. Wellington, on a windless day. My god what is the world coming to.?

 
We had a short walk on the beach but I wasn't comfy with Jack peeing on everything so we left there and walked along Port road for a while. I left the camera in the car and ended up walking all the way back to get it because I saw a strange black bird with a bright orange, quite long, beak. It was gone when I got back, but it was worth a try. Maybe I will be a bird stalker next time I go out.


Oyster catcher  This link will take you to information on a bird that looks like the one I saw. It can't be the same bird exactly, since the Chathams are nowhere near here, but that's what it looks like. I think it may have been all black with the bright orange beak.

No comments:

Post a Comment