Saturday, August 17, 2013

coffee for one

 I've had the afternoon on my own.When this happens I quite often make plans to do things that never happen.

I WAS going to do some washing and go up town to buy different cat biscuits, visit a friend, and do some baking, maybe even cook dinner.

What I really did was make a coffee or three and crochet the rug I am making for my cousin's baby. It is looking really nice and I'm at the stage of deciding if it is big enough or if I need to make another 50 squares to go round the outside to make a white edge. I love that it has taken about 4 weeks to get to this stage and I still want to keep going.

Jack, Willow and I also went for a walk. Coco came as far as the end of the street but turned back. Our usual round the block walk is not good for cats in the daylight. There are more flowers coming out in the gardens and I thought I would go back when the weather is better to photograph them, without the dogs. It didn't get any better today. Maybe tomorrow.

I also have some errands to run.. more for the imaginary to do list. That one that I scribble in my head but not on paper because then the pressure to actually do those things would be too much!.

Having no kids at home, and no pressure to actually cook or do , well, anything , is nice. It is also terrible for procrastinators. Now I don't do things because I cant be bothered, not because I am too busy. I have NO excuses. I cant even plead poverty anymore. Not that I have cash to splash around, but I'm not broke.

So I have also taken a couple of photographs and added them to Facebook. And I have the luxury of time to write this. Jack wants to go for another walk. It's raining so he is fresh out of luck.

Must be time for another coffee.

I was given some great advice, by my Facebook coffee loving buddies on how to use this new toy.
Top of my list for tomorrow is to buy some ground espresso coffee beans.

Sunday update.
After a slow start to the day I have washing in the machine and a load hung out and I have coffee grinds in the jar. Very happy puppy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment