Wednesday, September 11, 2013

the challenge

"To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding in spite of distances or thoughts unexpressed-- that can make of this earth a garden." -Goethe

Trigger Happy Tuesday- Please allow the following quote to inspire you creatively. Try to allow 90 minutes to create something, be it a poem, short story, anecdote, limerick, photograph or painting, or take 5 minutes or all day! 



Sweet is this place wherein I dwell


I dwell in a secret place.
of friendships odd in an online space
comforting, supporting, inspiring in their grace
lifting me up to see the world as a place that I
can enjoy, seek out and share.

I dwell in a quiet place within my head
feeding on posts that intrigue me,
putting  their words to the random  thoughts
that otherwise in my head have no form

I dwell in a place that knows not time
that cares not when and barely cares where.
There are no borders, no politics spoken, no wars to fear.

I dwell in this mighty space
where pies and pictures make me smile
where macro bugs and dragonflies
snakes and toads and crocodiles
repel me and yet drag me in to see them,
and wonder about the world that lives
across great oceans and miles.

I dwell in joy, morning and night
to see photos of water and sunsets and light
of children I may never know
their sweetness a joy and
parent's love a warm glow.

I'm feeding my heart in this quiet space
finding that I even have a place
That I can be me without judgement, without fear
Knowing that how and what I say and shoot and share
will be met with encouragement and caring.

The  photos are my favourite thing.
I am not schooled, don't know a thing
about the way I should do it. so I just do.
And the photos please quite a few.

Now I dwell and don't think of the dark.
Just look forward to the photos, the songs and the art.
I thank the people who have brought me this place
the thinkers, singers, and poets, for your grace.








No comments:

Post a Comment